Saturday, February 19, 2011

wake up:


This morning i wake up to: quiet, everything is quiet,
 the cars speeding back and forth on the freeway,
but its not noise, its soothing.
it lets me know even though I'm all alone,
right now.
there are still people, beautiful people out there.
while I'm in here.
I wake up to shadows, not sunshine. like i usually do. 
its early but not too early,
as i peer out my window its raining,
 i instantly have an overwhelming feeling of peace and comfort,
i expand my lungs and fill them with thousands of molecules of pure damp air,
it gently flows rain and oxygen,  through my window,

i feel alive again when i breathe, relax, body, just breathe.
its so beautiful and cleansing, when my life starts to drag, it just needs to rain, and its completely renewed. why is it the rain makes me feel this way,
 I'm not completely sure, but it does,
and today will be
an incredible day!
[out my window]

3 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely post, I enjoy rainy days. There is this magical thing about them. It washes away all the bad stuff leaving only rainbows.


    Write it in Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rainy days are the best! I especially love them because I get to break out my bright yellow rain boots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful beautiful writing. i love rain, especially when i'm cuddled up inside. :)

    ReplyDelete