Thursday, June 10, 2010

Fear God?

- I do not believe we should fear god, i know i have been told that the spirit does not frighten you it comforts you, it does not make you scared it motivates you,
So why is it that I'm told that we should fear god,
Why is it that they have said it doesn't matter whats in your heart if you have not repented you cannot be forgiven
What about all the other people in the entire world that don't even know what repentance is?
I believe if we are honest good people we CAN make mistakes, unlike those who have told me we cant, no one on earth is perfect and that's the reason Jesus died for us so that we CAN go to live in heaven again.
[One of my Favorite Quotes]
~ God does not look on the outward appearance. I believe he doesn't care one bit if we live in a castle or a cottage, if we are handsome or homely, if we are famous or forgotten, Though we are incomplete God loves us Completely.. Though we are imperfect, God loves us Perfectly, Though we may feel lost and without compass, Gods love Encompasses us Completely.~

Youth Conference -
is what has brought up all these questions, hopefully its fun and we don't all fear Jesus by the end of it, but these are the things that i usually dread going to, but then end up having the best time ever,and my testimony grows because of it, have a wonderful week/weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Taylor-

    This is definitely something I have questioned over and over again, and continue to let linger in my head! I have no solid answers, but I just know it has so much to do with God's love and mercy. I don't really get the "fear him" part, aside from just understanding the power he has if we are not righteous, but he will provide so much mercy for everyone. That I know.

    Also, I've always believed the same thing: if we live a charitable life, with some hope and faith, shouldn't it be good enough? That is, after all, the ultimate form of love.

    I'm glad you hear youth conference went well for you :)

    Quincy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quincy:

    Im so glad to hear that someone else actually questions and understands where im coming from,
    I know gods plan is something that every questions to some extent but sometimes you feel like the only one who doesnt,
    I have always believed that as long as im trying ans have a true heart god will understand, but on the first couple days our stake presdident was almost implying that thats not good enough,
    and god is someone to fear, which i absolutely believe is NOT true,
    but at the same time it made me question it as well,
    I guess well find out someday huh ?
    and thank you ! i hope your summer is going so great [:[:

    -Taylor

    ReplyDelete