Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11/2001 in the eyes of a 9 year old.

[ i just skimmed through my journal and found this entry back from when i was 9]
~
My mom cried, she served her LDS mission in New York and New Jersey and it was and still is a special place in her heart, at that age i didnt understand how many people died, how many people risked their lives, the children who lost parents and families who lost loved ones.
 True heroes were born, and im so grateful to those who continue to risk their lives to protect me and my country, im proud to be and American.
~
God Bless those in need today.

1 comment:

  1. I remember 9/11 as my 14th birthday. Even though I'm in New Zealand, and I little bit more removed than I would be if I'd been in the US, it's still shocking. 10 years later, at 24, I still don't think I really understand it.

    ReplyDelete