Saturday, September 10, 2011

Thailand. oh the stories.

Saturday June 18, 2011
so my phones an hour fast and were supposed to get up at 6:30 so for some reason i set my alarm for 5:30 thinking it was an hour back so me and Maddie are now up at 4:30, I'm really confused. so we just talked for 2 hours.

-it seriously rains SO much here, it ll be completely dry then all the sudden its torrential down pour for like 2-10 minutes then its dry again. for breakfast more shrimp porridge and then today my van went to the school YL went to last year, Wat Bang Si ad. to do construction. The grounds were SO pretty !
this temple was right in front on the school grounds.

Down to the little fish pond we went to build brick walls around it since the fish were stolen and that's the agriculture they live on. digging in mud clay seriously so hard! my sweat was pouring off my face like i was in the shower. hammering huge walls down with mallets, is a great way to take out your anger! the rain comes ! were so grateful and instead of taking a "rain break" we stood in the rain and danced in the rain and said prayers of gratitude for the rain. once we were soaked to the bone, it did actually get a bit chilly so we stood under a building and all these little kids were there so we watched them play a game and then me and Nat had them teach us how to play!




we hauled 1000 pound pillars,and mixed cement.
ate some lunch, actually the BEST meal i had in Thailand. it wasn't risky or unsanitary and it tasted AMAZING, why because we topped it off with MANGO STICKY RICE!!!!!!



back to work, covered in mud, in our teeth in our hair all over our bodies because when you smash something covered in mud it comes flying right? so i ask J'pan, "what is it were smashing down anyways?" J'pans reply " a toilet" my reply " oh joy so this mud that's in my teeth is actually poop.. Wonderful"

smashing and sloshing in poop/mud.

later i find a bug a cool bug a caterpillar type bug and i say hey look at this cool bug to J'pan, he follows my statement with "ya that bug actually turns into a bat" my reply " really that's sooo cool!! hey everyone look at this caterpillar it turns into a bat!!! i didn't know bats grew like butterflies"
his reply "jk its just a bug"
everyone Else's reply " hahahahah TAYLOR thought bats hatched from caterpillars!!!"
the rest of the day i had random people coming up to me saying " hey Taylor i found this cool bug that turns into a bat"
NATALIE!!!!! told everyone.
See the brown stuff on her neck ? its poop.
after our hard work we played soccer, fell in mud puddles, played tag and red rover with some slippery speedy little Thai kids, and J'pan continued to tease me by rubbing leaves and sticks on my legs so i would freak out thinking they were bugs!!!
found this photo on FB "jpan playing tricks on taylor"
so true that stink!!!

-Last highlight adventure of today: after dinner we went into the basement where we find a gecko literally the length of my elbow to my finger tips !!!! so everyone gathers around given there were at least 40 of us and I'm at the very front, with Vay, she says:
 " someone put their hand up by it to give it dimension"
so me willingly stood a good five feet from it and held my hand in the air, then my most wonderful sister says no get closer and gives me a good shove. at the same time, someone snaps a picture so a flash goes off ....were all blind and the the dang hulk like gecko leaps off the wall!!
of course what do i do ? get the heck out of there is what i do,  because I'm the closest one to it, and its a flying monster  lizard coming at me, so in the midst of 40 million blood curdling screams me and vayla end up on top of each other on the other side of the room. oh and my heart was beating fast as a machine gun!!

i hope i get to see Nune tomorrow i missed her today.
it was such a good day,
I'm so grateful I'm here,
even though i was covered in feces and mud all day
Good night !
I LOVE THAILAND

2 comments:

  1. Nice photos ;) Like your blog.If you want, we can follow each other ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are amazing photos - especially the fruit! :)

    ReplyDelete