Monday, August 30, 2010

[Empty Pages..]You.I.me..

Criticized you. now your weak.
Your insignificant when you speak.
I Bully you still today.
But you just wont seem to go away.
As i look back on the past, i was more cruel to you than ever before.
Punishing you for things you didn't even do and much much more.
scarred & starved you emotionally and physically, mentally and spiritually.
I hated you and yet i still do.
You have betrayed me once again.
How am i supposed to be your friend.
Mixed emotions whirl inside me.
Because i just cant become the person i want to be.
Why is it you struggle so hard to find your self.
I try every day.
But i still feel like someone else.
Why wont you just do what i say.
Because Your me... I'm You and its impossible to walk away.
All you want is acceptance and love.
A friendship that's real and understood.
It ll come to you i promise its true.
I tell you CONSISTENTLY every day.
But is it a lie...
Am i leading ME astray?

4 comments:

  1. Taylor, you have amazing insight! This is insight to most everyone! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so i am taking a creative writing class right now (not at this second, obviously) and i have to write some poetry...you should know that i came here for inspiration, and was not/am not dissapointed! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting perspective. there seems to be quite a bit of angst in this. at least it isn't apathy.

    ReplyDelete