Monday, November 8, 2010

Priesthood. No Father.

Life is hard. for EVERYONE.
I have the strongest testimony of the priesthood.
I never liked blessings because it always frustrated me that i couldn't have my father give me one. He isn't here to do it.
I understand now, he is still using his priesthood.
In a time i was in desperate need of a "pick-me-up".
The man I truly believe was called upon to take my fathers place when he passed away, was in St George for a marathon, and he gave me a blessing.
I know he has so much love for me . 
I can feel it through his hands on my head, the hugs, and the tears we shared. 
Its confusing sometimes.
I think i forgot what its like to be loved by a father. Its a feeling you honestly will never know until its gone. But this weekend i was able to feel that,
It was indescribable.
I'm so thankful i have the lord working with me and that i can ask for a blessing and receive it. THE GOSPEL IS TRUE.
I have a father on the other side protecting me and strengthening me.
And i have so many father figures on this side doing the same.
~
One of my favorite quotes
"Sometimes life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain"

7 comments:

  1. Wow, thank to so much for sharing part of your soul here. Of course I don't know you and I don't know the story about your father, but I am sincerely sorry. I didn't grow up with the priesthood in my home. My father is not a memeber of the church and that has always been a source of pain, although he is a great man. But since I have been married I have felt the live or the Lord so much because if the priesthoo my husband holds. I am so thankful for the priesthood too and how it has blessed my life as I am sure it has blessed yours. I'm glad I four your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked my post. I enjoyed your post too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. like the first comment, i don't know your story either, but i can tell you have learned to let your trials strengthen you. thanks for sharing this with us. the Priesthood is powerful, indeed!

    ReplyDelete