Thursday, July 15, 2010

Familia Reuniono..

Ok so i know familia is Italian.
I think,
and i also know that even though we all believe that if you add and "O" to the end of something,
 it makes it Spanish, it doesn't,
but i wont tell myself that.
so that's where the Reuniono comes from.
This week was the event i look forward too for the whole summer ! I have been waiting for this day forever !! OK not really i was completely oblivious to the fact that we had a family reunion but i was SO excited because i have the most absolute amazing family in the most entire world.. excuse that grammar because i know it was completely ridiculously wrong! I had the most fun i have had all summer just being with them! we camped at this wonderful little spot completely covered in grass with its own little murky lake. minus the dead fish and algae water i inhaled during our boat tipping experience and "king of the hill" (which by the way I'm still waiting to come down with some sickening disease because i engorged so much of it) we all had a blast ! boating, floating, tipping, tripping, zip lines, watermelon, massive slip in slides (who's main objective was to give massive wedgies),
 staying up late talking and giggling, wishing i was musically efficient (with guitar) since everyone sits around and plays BUT ME..watching family videos from the 1800s all the way up to the present, turning BRIGHT RED watching the nerdy CHUBBY kid i was in 2004 ( how embarrassing), lets not go back to that . another thing i love is that there is so many of us that there is no possible way  to know every ones names or how were all related but everyone just says they love you and you know their your cousin, all in all it was a splendid and wonderful vacation and i miss them already..
(us making the "train tradition" on the water slide)
its really amazing how you can think you know someone your whole life and then one day you realize you truly love them so much you would do anything for them and do anything to be with them forever, you look into their eyes and you can see their soul and they are so beautiful. and you don't understand why you always took that for granted.. i think now that I'm an "adult" practically .. i am starting to see things and people from and adult point of view.. a few people i caught up with and saw in a whole new amazing light were:
 Elyse, talking with her, she is so gorgeous and full of life,
 Janelle, someone i aspire to be like she has so much wisdom and the light she gives off is incredible.
Kimmy, always been one of my closest cousins and best buds, but never fails to make me laugh,
 Debbie, although wasn't at this reunion, she has always been someone who i looked up to, i hope one day she will love me like she did once,
Jackie, is so determined and respectful, its something I'm working on being,
Brent & Scott, so spiritually strong and loving, i know what i want in my husband when i watch the example they set (Scott is leaving for his mission to Texas in September).
Michelle, so much fun and always has been but i love that she kisses me all the time when i see her, and gave birth to my favorite little Chelsie[: and my Gramma, she stands up for me and always knows what to say and how to say it, i want her faith and to be a spitting image of her (although she isn't 1/4 black nor am i 100% white, except when i dance..., and i am much taller than her, i still want to be at least just like her, she has the most amazing testimony and i just don't have words for her she is too amazing).
 Their is so much more family i can write about, and so much more i have in my heart for these whom i have written about , but I'm so grateful for my crazy wonderful, obnoxious, loving, & accepting family ! they make me feel spiritual because they all are and i can just be my self and be loved for it. I'm so lucky, but i wont brag too much or someone might try to steal them.. or people just wouldn't understand ha. I had a wonderful week!! love my familia.
funny story: Holly is 14 and we have grown up so close our whole lives and she found out on Monday i was part black, she was like Taylor i had no idea, i was like what did you just think i was always really tan ? and she was like ... well .... yeah.
don't look too close or you may see some cracks. talk about water wedgies !
and of course you can always tell which one is me because my wonderful hair everyone is dying to have but they have no idea how much of a nightmare it really is.
and that just about wraps the Jespersen family reunion 2010.

2 comments:

  1. You will never ever ever have to worry about not having people at your funeral or not having people visit your grave, etc. Taylor you have so much compassion for people it is unreal ! You talk about people and the glow and the inspiration they have but dude you have ALL of that and then some ! We all need to hang out, take pictures, somethin before you leave :( okay ?? Love you a gizzilion,
    ...~Maddie~...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really was an honor to see how loving and close your "familia" is to each other. I agree with Maddieson you will never have a tiny funeral. But you are not out of place when it comes to your loving family, you are one of the most loving gals I know. You have very great examples to look up to in your family. (:
    Oh and, learn guitar and play for me.
    (:
    Love you, you know that right?
    ~Kassidy Rae

    ReplyDelete