Sunday, July 4, 2010

Sunday Post!

My Scripture of the day D&C 82:10
I the lord, am bound when ye do what i say; but when ye do not what i say, ye have no promise.
 [ Its short and sweet and too the point, but the point it makes is so drastic and blunt, i love it and its true, the lord will give anything that's asked of him, he does it for me everyday, but we have to hold our end of the deal.]
 Today, on this wonderful fast Sunday, a man in my ward stood up and bore his testimony, i listened to it, like all the others but was not very interested, but then he said something that stood out to me, he said, his friend was baptized and his first Sunday at church he saw a man from his work, and he told the man from my ward that he would have never known that other man was a Mormon, well the man from my ward jokingly said, he must not have been a very good one.
that hit me kind of hard, it made me think, do others look at me and know I'm a Mormon or do they think wow i never would have guessed, it made me realize i want to be the girl that people know I'm a Mormon, they know I'm LDS by the example i set and by the way i live, i am proud of what i am and i want other people too see that as well, so this my goal for the rest of the summer and the upcoming school year.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reading in my journal i came accrossed this. "A funny conversation i had with a guy from my work, named fat kid, he was from Chicago, and was telling me how everyone of his friends were wishing him luck in "mormonville" his chief 'goal' was to find out the myths that everyone is told about, he then asked me how many moms i had, i laughed and said just one, he asked me if i had horns i obviously said no, although we wish we could grow extra body parts.. we cant..., he asked if we really couldn't eat chocolate, if LDS stood for Lying Deceitful Satanists, if the reason we don't allow others into our temples is because we really worship Satan, and what our 'cult' truly believes in. i know i shouldn't but i think this is all so funny how ridiculous it all is. i explained to him the difference in RLDS and FLDS and how WERE different, i told him what we believe, were not evil, and we can eat chocolate." I believe when most people meet a Mormon they notice the warmth and light we give off. at least i do.. and its funny how much time some people have on their hands to come up with these theories.
I had a good laugh! have a beautiful sunday!

1 comment:

  1. love your blog. i miss you. call or text me & lets do something! ♥

    ReplyDelete