Saturday, July 10, 2010

Italy,India,Indonesia

I just finished Eat Pray Love, this book not only made me want to travel around the world on my own spiritual journey, eat new foods, and embark on an adventure with no idea where I'm going, but it also gave me the worst anxiety to travel, not bad anxiety though, just the kind that i want to travel and would do anything to get there, my mom keeps telling me i cannot do anything until I'm 18 but i dont want to wait that long, i made a list of every place i WILL go. my goal is to start volunteering next summer, 4 months in either Cambodia, Ghana, South Africa, Kenya, Tanzania, Nepal, or Vietnam, since i am not certified to do much I'm going to be helping in the orphanage. I'm so excited i can hardly breathe when i think about it!
i feel like a 6 year old when they are on the plane taking off to Disneyland, it seems like forever until you get to the happiest place on earth, but in time.. it will come and you will reach the place you have been dying to go... okay actually I'm still like this on the way to Disneyland so forget the 6 year old thing, but crappy metaphor or not I'm overly joyed too TRAVEL
I'm going to Italy, eating tons of incredible and delicious Italian food,
I'm going  find my own spiritual Guru,
& meditate till my butt is numb and tingling in an ashram in India
and find MY inner balance it doesn't have to be in Indonesia
but i do want to find a medicine man, or woman who can make my hair grow long with a root from a banana tree.
[India]
[Italy]
[Italy]
[Indonesia]
these pictures are obviously not mine, but someday, someday SOON there will be my very own pictures of these beautiful places, but until then...
 i just have to sit the puddles of my anxiety and wait.
 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for my week..
 i went to St George.
 bought some shoes I'm totally and completely in love with and some other stuff, saw my apartment i will dreadfully but excitedly be moving into,
 went and visited dads grave,
played with gabby [my dog].
 and then went on my very first believe it or not fishing trip,
 with my mom and her boyfriend and my sisters and my probably very soon to be step sister.
........
so it wasn't my very first fishing trip..
but the last time i was taken to play this wonderful sport it went as follows,
................
 i spent the weekend in my underwear because my friend there wet her pants, and was too embarrassed to be the only one in her underwear. 
the stuff i did to make people feel better, actually I'm sure i objected to this, but i was utterly forced into this by my all loving father.
so basically heres how this fishing trip played out.
woke up early
went fishing
caught a fish
read Eat Pray Love
sister caught like 12 fish,
i cursed her with my eyes,
then kept reading
went back to camp
ate
read more,
played card games
WON EGYPTIAN RAT SCREW
read some more
went to bed
woke up to fish yet again
caught a fish,
forgot i was fishing
because i was reading
which then caught me by surprise when my fishing pole flew from me
i panicked but it was a sheer excitement panic
lost the fish
glared at all 3 of my sisters again because they menacingly caught a few more fish.
then the other sister caught a pregnant fish who's babies or eggs were spilling everywhere.
                                                         [ew]                               
went back to camp fish less
i was fished out for the week
stuffed my face with kix along with the sister
spent a couple more days fishing [no luck]
hung out at camp, ate some more, read some more, slept some more
came home
finished my book
almost started crying because it was soo good !
 and now I'm off to Borders because i need another book. if i cant travel and I'm cooped up here in tiny eagle mountain i can at least get somewhere in the pages of a good book....
 until i set it down and realize I'm not in Africa or on a beautiful remote island in the Caribbean I'm still here.. in my drab room but oh well its the best i can do.
hope your weeks were as event full as mine [:

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this :) We're too much alike, dear. I am so excited for my time abroad as well.
    I need to read Eat Pray Love soooo bad! The movie looks fantastic as well. My goodness, this whole post just made me smile! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classic pictures! Glad you had fun and are excited (but scared) to start the next chapter in your life.

    I have to agree with your Mom on the age thingy but you should travel and do all you can in the next few years. Traveling to and studying other countries will help broaden your character and give you a better view of this world. Just always remember your home is a great place to re-charge your soul between each adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First...does my dad have a blog? wtf?

    Second,,
    DUDE this post gave me travelling anxiety. I think I'm going to die here in EM until I do. I really appreciate you sharing it. And we need to go to borders so I can get my very own copy of the book! Plan? plan. (:

    and third, I remember on the boat, I was holding your book while you brought up a fish from its watery home, and I read the first paragraph of chapter 88...about the medicine woman making your hair grow.

    love you tay, I'm real glad you spentyour fishing trip with me, it's nice to have someone to make you smores, and cheer you up, and especially lay in bed and cuddle while you read a good book!

    ~Kass

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is making me want to cry. Goodbye

    ReplyDelete