Sunday, July 25, 2010

Daddy"O"

Happy Birthday daddy-o
[don't worry we will still always say the flags and parades were for your birthday]
~
when i was 2 all words ended with "o" thus = "daddyo"
 you and mom made me who i am today, i can say I'm proud of that, you made me strong and independent, taught me to live with a positive outlook on life, taught me god gives trials to those he loves and showed me how to solve all my problems. I know your there on the other side watching over me,
when i was 1 you forgot to buckle me in my high chair. but ill give you some credit, i think you were trying..
when i was 2 you bought me that Simba, it never left my side.
once i turned 3 i understood that  
you always knew how to make me laugh and to know i was loved,
even if it meant putting a beer box on my head... 
or by taking us to Disney land twice a year. and spinning us so fast on the teacups we couldn't lift our heads off the sides

 you took me fishing and made me spend the weekend in my underwear!
 then around the age of 7 you had me shoot this dear. i cried and vowed never to shoot an animal again.
 
which brought about my attitude towards these ducks..
i also think it was kind of freezing!
 
thanks for making me love and embrace my curls!
at a young age, you would take my hair out of its pig tails and fluff it up real big then chase me down the isles of blockbuster,
you taught me to ride horses then bought me my own, you gave me everything a little girl could ever ask for. you loved me unconditionally, and cried with me when i was sad,
then once i was ten and you could no longer move, you would tell me to come sit on your lap and i would cry and you would still comfort me,
thank you dad for helping me to grow everyday.
~
Dear Dad,
you left us, i know its better this way, your not hurting anymore, & i know its less stress on all of us. but at the same time.. i need you. How can 3 little girls grow up without a dad? sometimes i felt like you were the ONLY one who understood me. Your missing so much & i wish you were here to see all that's happening. i still cry sometimes, but i know that your still here.. i just cant see you. its hard to believe in heaven, but i know i have too or else life is just too scary. i wish you were here to give me advice, and to listen when i needed someone especially when i was dealing with drake. i still do need your help.
what happens when I'm married dad? who's supposed to give me away? whats going to happen with my daddy daughter dance? who do i go to when me and mom fight? sometimes i feel like you got out easy but i know you didn't. I'm doing OK, I'm surviving and me and Maddie are really close, jordi is so big now and actually seems like a real person. and I'm starting college this year, that officially makes you really old! i think about you always , i love you and i forgive you.
-Tay
{wrote this is psychology last year}
~
one day we went camping,
 my hair was down to my butt in length and done up in french braids,
 i somehow got my hair stuck in the tent zipper,
 my dad, thinking like a man just chopped off that chunk of hair right off the top of my head,
well then it looked stupid hanging out of my braid, plus he didn't want my mother to know
 so what does he do ?
 he cuts that chunk of hair all the way down to my scalp,
 thinking it wont show,
he forgot i was girl, and it was going to have to grow back.
all fourth grade that piece of hair spent its days under a giant glop of gel !
 Love you dad.
happy birthday[:

13 comments:

  1. Taylor,, ugh ugh ugh duude. You are too amazing ! What a wonderful idea to write a letter to your dad, and to tell him happy birthday! I love the flags and parade thing to it made me smile big :] You always hit me with aa ton of bricks ... Well in a good way haha. I sure do love you lots and lots. Hope you had an amazing 24th. Happy Late Birthday Steve!!!
    ...~Maddie~...

    ReplyDelete
  2. taylor, i love reading your blog. this one especially. it made me open my eyes and realize how blessed i am that my daddyo is still here. thank you for writing because it is great and helps me appreciate everything so much more! i love you taylor! :)

    Jazzy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is such a sweet post , I love the images and everything that you had to say , your blog is so inspiring.
    Like 'anonymous' says this blog helps me appreciate every much more
    very well done , great blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet and inspiring. thank you for sharing this with us.

    http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww, this is incredibly sweet and honest. It's interesting to read about something I'll never fully understand, but is so powerful. I suppose I'll subscribe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow babe! you do have a way of bringing up the emotion! Incredibly heartfelt and amazingly honest, I love it and I love you Taylor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Taylor,
    I cried and then I laughed and then I cried some more and then laughed some more. Great blog, great photos, great writer and GREAT dad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Taylor - Do you remember how you and Dad would spend at least 30 minutes everyday in your tickle ritual? Dad would come home from work and sit on the couch and then you would come give him a hug and then it began...you would stand in front of him with your arms in the air and he would say "say, tickle me dad" and you would then he would tickle you and you would crumble to the floor laughing. over and over this would go...Dad laughed so hard that you would keep coming back for more and that he could get you to ASK to be tickled over and over..."Tickle me Dad..." Remember playing "Buffalo"? or shaving with a comb next to him in the bathroom? Good Times... Good Times!!!-love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Taylor .. how sweet the memories and anxious to share more and love the fun pictures .. aren't memories wonderful and something great for us to fall back on and share with others.... thanks for sharing .. love YOU .. Gramma Judy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Taylor, thank you for inviting me to your blog. You're amazing and inspiring. What a touching write up and the pictures are just awesome.

    I can't add more than what's already been said int he comments. It was a pleasure reading your blog. I'm looking forward to more.

    paula

    ReplyDelete
  11. You made me cry too! And LAUGH! You crack me up. Steve was an amazing person. I know he is with you, your mom, Maddie & Jordan. He was protective then, he's protective now ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tay you inspire more people than you realize with your words. I know he's looking down on you and I know he's so proud of the beautiful woman you have become inside and out. The amount of unconditional love he has for you is too much for one single person like yourself to handle. I'm also so proud of you Tay, and I hope all good things for you in everything you do. (:
    Sincerely your best friend
    -brannabranna

    ReplyDelete